Monday, May 3, 2010

2010 National Guard Half and Full Marathon

I know, I know, it's been a long time again but things have finally started to come together for us!

This weekend we traveled out to Lincoln, Nebraska for the National Guard Marathon. I did the half- he ran the full as part of the PA Guard team. It was an AWESOME course and I kicked my old PR's ass by 14 mins! I'm still on the slow end of things but it really felt great to see such an improvement. Dan did great as well and is now a proud member of the National Guard Marathon Team!

This team is comprised of both Army and Air Guard members who will travel across the states to compete. This means more half marathons for me too! I am really looking forward to this experience and will share it all with you.

The weekend in general was great. I flew in Saturday morning (stupid work) and was surprised at how nice our hotel was. We stayed at the Embassy Suites (as did the rest of the Guard runners) which was convenient because the expo was right there. I always look ridiculously bad in the pictures during the race so I'm always trying to figure out how to look cuter ha. I found these sweet headbands (totally got the fuchsia sequin) at the expo and was pretty pumped to sport* one the next day.

Afterward we walked around the town a bit and they were having a really awesome farmers market just a block away from our hotel. We picked up some great honey fresh from bee farm(?) just down the road. Also got some Nebraska wine which we have yet to try and a magnet for my cube flair at work.

Here are some photos from our weekend- enjoy!









*sport-I'm a bit goofy and believe that certain things you "sport" and other things you wear

<3 11W

No comments:

Post a Comment