Thursday, November 26, 2009

SO Thankful!



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
We had the Philadelphia Marathon/ Half Marathon this weekend and it went great! We stayed at our friend's house Friday night and then we were en route to Philly. We stopped and saw some Army friends on the way and finally arrived Saturday evening.

The race was Sunday morning and I felt great up until about mile 11. Dan said he felt good until around mile 22. I didn't let it stop me though just trudged through the last two miles constantly thinking about the WWP logo on my shirt and our friends name on the back.

I knocked 15 minutes off my last PR and Dan knocked a minute off of his.

I am thankful that we were able to raise over $2,000 dollars for this great organization and that there are so many organization out there that help returning veterans.

3 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB :) I'm sooooo proud of you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm where have you gone!?!? COME BACK!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guamtastic! I just realized you left me a comment! I will make an effort to return soon :)

    ReplyDelete