Monday, April 20, 2009

To the Fallen

I stumbled across this site today and was really impressed. To the Fallen Records is a label that has artists who are veterans or active duty. I ordered the CD 4 pack and I can't wait to get it to send to my soldier. They have a CD for Country, Hip Hop, and Rock. The 4th CD is a mix of all three genres. They have some song samples(most of the songs are patriotic or military related) on the site and they sound great!

Update: They post new music on the 1st and 15th of every month.
Update again: I got the CD's! Overall they are great! I also discovered they are on iTunes too!
Here are some of my favorite songs:

Country Vol 1
  • "Hero" by Keni Thomas
  • "Send my Love" by Cliff Hudson- great song for anyone going through a deployment
  • "Why" by Cactus Hill
  • "Your Freedom's Not Free" by Bert Jones- the lyrics are great
  • "Home Lovin' You" by Herb Walker- the song is a little bit old school but nice
Hip Hop Vol 1
  • "Real Soldiers" by Logic
  • "Combat Zone" by Dirty Boi Vets
  • "My War Cry" by Bank- Roll
  • "Soldier's Prayer" by Talisman
  • "Overseas" by Syx Synce
  • "For the Heroes" by FOX-1
Rock Vol 1
  • "Fight for Me" by Citizen Reign
  • "Sleeping Giant" by 10 Fold
  • "Start Saving Me" by Mike Corrado
  • My Wasted Year" by Dave Rucker
  • "Come Over" by Joel Port
  • "Bottled Rocket" by Stephen Covell
  • "The Hardest Things" Dane Kaehler
  • We'll be Together" Zach Johnson
Say Goodbye- Mix Genre CD
  • "Say Goodbye" by Arez featuring Soldier Hard
  • "From Here We Fail" by American Hitmen
  • "Redneck Town" by Sean Bennett
  • "Cut N Run" Dead End Echo
Hope you all enjoy as much as I do!
<3 11W

6 comments:

  1. you'll have to let us know how they are -- that is if you're going to listen to them before you mail them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lola...I'd like to know if they are really good!
    I'm off to check out the website now!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I am totally going to listen to them. I will update once my research is done haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11shiskey,

    I went to the site and cliked on the video. Absolutely AWESOME! It just made my heart pump with pride!

    The hardest job in the ARMY, waiting on your loved one to come home. Hang in there!!

    They call me Pops,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you received the cd's are pleased with them...I'll return soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was the photographer for Herbs Band in Germany, Cheyenne, and he is still the best. I almost stopped listening to country when I lost track of Herb. All they do is whine now, but Herb brings life back into country! Definately music to dance to.
    tedamorell@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete